Financial Planning and Development Committee
The Committee consists of the current SCLA President who serves as the chair, the 1st Vice-President, the immediate Past-President, the Treasurer, Chair of the Planning Committee, and four members from the Association.
- Studies the financial posture of the Association and advises the Executive Board on expenditures and other budgetary matters including a yearly operating budget and a conference budget.
A subcommittee of the Financial Planning and Development Committee shall conduct an annual financial audit or review.
- a. The subcommittee shall consist of the Chair of the Financial Planning and Development Committee, the First Vice-President, and two members from the Financial Planning and Development Committee.
- b. The Treasurer shall serve ex-officio on the subcommittee.
- Coordinates the on-going planning of functions in Committees and Sections well in advance of the date in order to pursue grants from foundations and other sources for funding such projects or workshops.
- Pursues as an on-going charge the work of obtaining grants for the Association for the endowment and general expenditures of the Association, consistent with our role as a non-profit organization. Special contributions, legacies, and memorials should be sought.
- Provides leadership in financial planning for the Association and recommends changes in revenues, and financial structure to the Association.
This committee is currently seeking officers!
For information on how to get involved, contact Yvonne Davis.