You are hereHome ›
Temporary Librarian I (6940)
Temporary Librarian I (6940)
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:
Classification code UH02.
For ALL Faculty Positions - An unofficial/student copy of your transcript must be submitted along with your on-line application if the position you are applying for requires a degree and/or certificate. Official transcripts are required when you begin employment.
For Staff Positions - If you are applying for a position that requires a degree and/or certificate, an official transcript will be required when you begin employment.
***International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services***
If you are applying for a position that requires current Licensures/Certificates- a copy must be submitted along with your on-line application. Official current licensures/certificates will be required when you begin employment.
Please feel free to submit any electronic documents with your on-line application as an attachment.
ANTICIPATED SALARY RANGE:
Commensurate with education and experience.
*Up to 29 hours/week
* Schedule will vary depending on library operating hours, staff schedules, and evening coverage needs. Candidate may be required to take at least 1/2-hr unpaid lunch.
The Temporary Librarian for the Brashier Campus will supervise the operation of a satellite campus library and be responsible for delivering professional library services such as group instruction, in-depth research, programming, collaboration with faculty and other librarians, and collection development. The position requires a learning-centered, customer-oriented approach to helping students, employees, and other visitors find and use resources for all types of learning, including coursework, research, tutoring, and college processes. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Provide leadership and limited supervisory support for library staff members on the Brashier Campus.
- Assist library visitors with circulation and reference requests.
- Provide library instruction and other programming to promote learning, information literacy, and library use among students, faculty, staff, and other library visitors.
- Maintain and suggest resources for campus collections to ensure that the academic, personal development, and lifelong learning information needs of students, faculty and staff are met.
- Develop specialized subject guides (LibGuides) and other tools to help students, faculty and staff find and use available resources.
- Use data, research, and collaboration with other college librarians and various faculty and staff to define student needs and improve services.
- Stay abreast of current trends and new technologies in the library profession as well as in higher education.
- Other duties as assigned.
Greenville Technical College is one of the four largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina. Our faculty and staff enjoy working in a dynamic learning environment that supports diversity and inclusion. We invite you to consider becoming a part of our Library team!
Greenville Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply (EOE/AA/M/F/D/V)
It is the policy of Greenville Technical College, in accordance with applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote people throughout all college levels, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Master's Degree in Library Science (MLS/MLIS) from an accredited library program or in a related field such as learning resources or information technology.
Community College library experience.
To apply, please submit an online job application by visiting our website at: http://www.gvltec.edu/hr/
Please contact Human Resources at (864)250-8192 if you have any questions.